Monday, May 16, 2011

must wash dogs

Its really a good thing that dogs are washable.  The shih tzus took a romp through the back yard this morning and they are no longer these snowy white fluffy puppies.  They look like they've been mining for coal, or perhaps like they are orphan children from Oliver Twist.  *sigh*.  Washing to dogs was not on my to-do list today but I guess I'm going to have to work it in.  I AM grateful that they can be washed.  I don't know that I would attempt to do to my cats what I am going to do to them.  Perhaps if I have enough coffee with cinnamon vanilla creamer it will take the edge off of the experience.
I was actually looking forward to working on some paintings that will go in our newly renovated family room.  Its not quite finished but its near enough to completion that I should probably get on the ball with it.  I really need to be in a clear frame of mind to paint so I'm going to have to scrub the dogs before I tackle the painting.  My boys were helpful yesterday in removing some of the items in the family room and helping me sweep and mop the floor.  There's still some electrical and carpentry work that Steven needs to do.  I am sure I would short circuit the house and electrocute myself if I tried anything and since that is not my preferred method of suicide I'll wait for Steven to get home from D.C.
We're getting some rain.  And while it does contribute to my dogs looking (and smelling) disgusting, I am hoping that it will wash away some of the pollen so that I can quit working on perfecting the nose tampon.

No comments:

Post a Comment