Wednesday, May 18, 2011

hump day

Today is over the hump day.  This also means that none of the evening TV shows that I am addicted to are on tonight.  My hubby gets home from D.C. today but he won't be home until somewhere around 9pm so I guess it will be me and a book this evening (and the shih tzus and a cat or two).
In just a matter of days, however, it will be me and Captain Jack Sparrow.  YUM!  Ok, my husband knows that I have a thing for Johnny Depp and I probably have a thing for Johnny Depp even more as Jack Sparrow.  I've tried to convince him (my husband, not Johnny Depp) to put a few beads in his beard and take on the whole Captain Jack Sparrow persona and maybe we could have some fun, but he's not humored me yet.  No sense of fun.
On another note, a couple of the dogs I helped to groom yesterday were exceptionally sweet.  It was hard to come up with my "dog of the day".  One was a rescued shih tzu from an abused background.  One was a terrier mix that had been found abandoned under some of the plastic sheeting they put up when they are marking off barriers.  And one was a spoiled rotten 5 month old shih-poo.  The last one was a bundle of fluff and energy and puppy kisses.  We had several more but those were the ones that stole my heart and where I had to keep reminding myself that I was not their mommy.
Ok.  Time to get out of bed and see if I can make the shih tzus clean up around here. (not likely)  I guess I'll have to do it and in that case I'm going to need a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment