Sunday, July 17, 2011

texting

I  am grateful for a good many things.  One of the things may seem a bit sarcastic, but I am grateful that it occurred at Walmart of all places.  We all know about the "people of Walmart" and we've all seen some interesting folks at Walmart so the fact that this event happened at Walmart makes it a little less out of the ordinary.
I am not quite up to the technilogical speed of my children, but I do text from time to time.  If I text, its usually one of two people.... my BFF or my son.  I don't have a wide social network that I spend hours texting to.
However, this does not involve me texting my BFF or my son.
My husband and I were going to the store to pick some things up.  I had texted myself the list.  My husband was in a hurry and so when we got in Walmart he thought we might divide and conquer.  I got my phone out and was searching for my text message for myself.  My husband kept saying "what do you need?"  I said "Just a minute and I'll tell you."  to which my husband said "Can you stop texting long enough to tell me what you need?"  WELL.... that REALLLY pissed me off.  It doesn't help that I have PMS either.  I took my cell phone with the list I had just found and literally shoved it in his face and said in a raised voice "The list is right here.  I'm not texting anybody!  I was looking for the list that I had texted myself.  Back off!"
Like I said.  I'm grateful that this happened at Walmart and not someplace else.

No comments:

Post a Comment