Monday, June 20, 2011

a vacation full of grateful

While I was on vacation, I knew I would not be able to post my daily "five things".  That does not mean, however, that I did not scribble them down on a piece of paper on a daily basis.  The beach is not necessarily my favorite place.  I do not enjoy sand in my netherregions.  So it did me good to remind myself of things I was grateful for.  I brought them all back.  The entire week's worth to be shared with whoever might be amused.  And here it is:

Monday:  arrived safely, I got to hold Callie the whole trip, a yummy supper, great camp site, Steven's thermal invention for the camper
Tuesday:  no major fights among family members, nobody got sunburned, the showers remind me of my grandmother's house, Steven walking the dogs with me, the little blue lights that hang around our camp
Wednesday:  supper at Toucan's, lots of reading time, Avery got to spend time with her grandmother, my kindle finally downloaded a new book, spf50
Thursday:  walks with the dogs, allergy meds, shower got unclogged, I found my book, oversized PJ's
Friday:  bacon, the opportunity to read a good trilogy, no major family altercations, time out in a cool movie theater, my husband taking the shih tzus for their morning walk
Saturday:  watching sunsets on the beach, nobody got sunburned this year, a chance to take a long nap, that the dogs are washable, that I got some cool bumper stickers to "hippy-up" my car
Sunday:  we are home, we had a safe trip, there were no dead rodent presents from the cats, there were no piles of :revenge poop" from TingTing, my talented kid gets to go to Julliard camp in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment